Creating healthier relationships improves your health, self-worth, and overall enjoyment of life.
By creating more nourishing connections with yourself, others, and nature, you naturally align with more love, joy, abundance, pleasure, and bliss. A good connection can be immensely healing and soul-satisfying!
What does it look like to create healthier relationships? Building and maintaining healthier relationships starts with being fully present. Whether you want to connect more with friends, improve a family relationship, or spruce up your romantic life, a deep connection begins with being present. Unfortunately, this is a lot harder than it sounds. First, our modern world is filled with distractions, noise, and exhausting amounts of info. Second, most people have limiting subconscious beliefs that keep them stuck repeating old and unhealthy relationship patterns. It’s no wonder so many people find it challenging to create deep and meaningful connections!
The good news is there are easy and enjoyable solutions to create healthier, more loving and nourishing relationships and it all begins with understanding of why your relationships aren’t reaching their potential. For that, we’ll look at your subconscious mind.
Subconscious Blocks = Relationship Blocks
Although it’s great to live more mindfully in the present, neuroscience shows that you operate from your conscious mind only 1-5% of your day. That means 95-99% of your day, you’re living from subconscious programs. In other words, your life is a reflection of your subconscious programs and beliefs. Relationship issues are often due to limiting subconscious beliefs that were programmed during childhood. Old fear-based beliefs may have kept you safe as a kid, but sabotage your success as an adult. That’s where PSYCH-K comes in. PSYCH-K reprograms subconscious beliefs that limit your relationships and life.
The BEST way to create healthier relationships is to (1) live more in the present and (2) reprogram limiting subconscious beliefs. This is key to enjoying a life-long Honeymoon!
The Honeymoon Effect
The Honeymoon Effect is: “A state of bliss, passion, energy, and health resulting from a huge love. Your life is so beautiful that you can’t wait to get up to start a new day and thank the Universe that you are alive.”
Why do relationships feel amazing until the honeymoon wears off? Let’s look at your mind. As we covered, you operate from your subconscious autopilot most of the day. This means you play the same subconscious programs that reflect the same beliefs that create the same outcomes. However, when you’re present, autopilot turns off and your conscious mind turns on. When you first meet someone, you’re naturally more mindful, present and, in romantic cases, physically AND consciously “turned on.” You open doors, chew with your mouth closed, wear deodorant, wash dishes, etc. But after a certain point, your subconscious programs kick in and your honeymoon ends. Bruce Lipton discusses this in detail in his best-selling book, The Honeymoon Effect: The Science of Creating Heaven on Earth.
Watch Bruce Lipton Discuss The Honeymoon Effect
As Bruce explains, limiting subconscious beliefs prevent you from creating healthier relationships. When you change your beliefs, you change your relationships. Bruce’s favorite belief change method is PSYCH-K.
PSYCH-K for Relationships
Ready to fall madly in LOVE with your life? PSYCH-K helps you remove the blocks preventing your bliss so you can live in a Honeymoon with yourself, others, and your life!
Let the LOVE flow… PSYCH-K clears old B.S. (Belief Systems) that block the love in your life.
Many of the benefits of PSYCH-K are due to the Whole-Brain State it creates. Bruce Lipton calls this state, “Super Learning.” It allows you to transform limiting beliefs to create better outcomes in your life. Not only does PSYCH-K create healthier relationships, it also benefits self-worth, self-love, safety, trust, abundance, passion, purpose, and more. As you change your beliefs, you also release buried emotions and heal old wounds. PSYCH-K can be immensely soothing for the nervous system and deeply healing for the soul.
Healthy Relationship Affirmations
These healthy relationship affirmations can also be used as PSYCH-K Belief Statements. When creating your statements, get clear about what you want and express it in a way that excites you. Here are some examples…
- I am worthy of receiving infinite love.
- I love and accept myself unconditionally.
- My relationships are nourishing and mutually beneficial.
- It’s easy for me to create healthier relationships, now!
- I deserve to be seen and heard.
- It’s safe for me to trust myself/others.
- I deserve/have deep and meaningful connections in my life.
- Other people respect my time and boundaries.
- I set clear and loving boundaries with others.
- I communicate clearly with others about what I want and need.
- It’s easy for me to express my authentic self.
- My relationships are healthy and supportive.
- I deserve to fully relax and feel nurtured in relationships.
- I let go of my need to be the caretaker and/or protector.
- It’s easy for me to forgive myself and others.
- I am free from taking on other people’s problems, emotions, and stress.
7 Tips To Create Healthier Relationships
Want to experience deeper, more nourishing, and beneficial connections in your life? The 7 tips below are key to a healthy relationship of any kind.
1. Start With Self-Love
Self-love provides the foundation for success in ALL areas of your life. If you want to improve any relationship, start by improving your relationship with yourself. This alone is one of the most POWERFUL things you can do to create healthier relationships.
Why is self-love important? Self-love helps you go inward for the answers, solutions, and guidance you seek. Many people look to the outer world to determine how they feel, but that makes it easy to play a victim role where “poor me” is the only guest at a 24/7 pity party. Come on! You kick ass and deep down you know it or you wouldn’t be reading this. Looking to the outer world to feel safe, worthy, loved, etc. sets you up for disappointment.
Self-love helps you heal and return to wholeness by becoming the love, support, and connection you need.
When you feel more connected to yourself on a soul level, it’s easier to feel more connected to everything, including the Divine. This soul connection is also deeply healing. When you feel safe and supported by the Universe, it’s much easier to trust the process and release fear, anxiety, and worry. As you befriend yourself, any feelings you once had of loneliness and separation transform into a nourishing sense of aliveness and connectivity.
Take Action: Increase Self-Love
- Designate daily self-care time to do the things you enjoy that help you recharge, such as meditating, yoga, journaling, walking in nature, singing, dancing, playing, laughing, etc.
2. Be Present To Connect
One of the best ways to create healthier relationships is to slow down and be present. Being fully engaged in the moment helps you communicate more mindfully which makes it easier to build more meaningful connections with yourself, others, nature, and beyond. Living in the present also makes it easier to notice how everything is connected. Seeing the connections around you increases your mindfulness and the impact you have on this world. It shifts your view from competition to collaboration and can help you work with others more as a team.
Take Action: Connect With This Moment
- Sit in a relaxed position or Whole-Brain posture while engaging your breath and senses.
- What does it feel like to be present, listen from your heart, and make mindful eye contact.
- Check out Calm Your Nervous System to get your body and mind into a relaxed state.
3. Communicate Clearly & Lovingly
The first step to communicating effectively is to hold space. Holding space is about creating a safe bubble for listening and expression. First, old space to take a break and get clear with what you want. Then, find a diplomatic way to express yourself and listen to others.
One of the most important qualities you can have for good verbal and non-verbal communication is having a greater awareness and that includes deep listening. When you listen deeply to others, your body language reflects it. Since over 90% of communication is non-verbal this alone can send “good vibes” to the other person helping them feel seen, heard, and respected. The more you’re able to do this, the more you’ll notice shifts in others.
Take Action: Communicate in a Relaxed (Non-Reactive) Way
- Journal — Before you talk, it can be beneficial to journal to get clear on how you feel and the best way to express that. Start by getting the gunk out, a.k.a. the stuff your reactive self probably wants to say. These are often the emotions you’ve stuffed and now you’re ready to blow. Once you feel grounded and ready to take relaxed action, then get clear on what you’d like to express. Let your journal be for “your eyes only” and get comfortable having a conversation with yourself. Allow yourself to make mistakes and be human.
- Use a “talk rock” to take turns communicating with others. You can use a crystal or any rock you like. Only the person holding the “talk rock” can talk. By taking turns talking, you naturally feel more present and listen deeper.
- Read Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Compassion by Marshall B. Rosenberg.
4. Set Healthy Boundaries
Do you tend to overachieve, overdo, and over-commit? Setting healthy boundaries is crucial for creating healthier relationships. Not only is it important to set boundaries with others, but with yourself. Take care of your needs first so you’re able to be present and connect with what’s important. To do this, you have to stop saying, “yes” when you mean “no.” Prioritize yourself and your happiness like your life depends on it because it does! Stop over-accommodating, over-caretaking, and putting other’s needs before your own. Being a good friend or partner isn’t about doing everything for another person, it’s empowering them to realize they’re capable. Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he eats for life. Find ways of doing things that are enjoyable and sustainable. You deserve to have your needs met.
Take Action: Embrace the Support of Healthy Boundaries
- Set healthy boundaries to prioritize and honor your needs.
- Stop saying, “yes” when you mean “no.”
5. Shift Perspective
Every person on this planet has an individual expression that reflects their unique perspective. The more you can shift to acknowledge different perspectives, the more aware, kind, and compassionate you become. You’re human. You’re flawed and you make mistakes. Being perfect and mistake-proof sounds nice, but it would be beyond boring.
Relationships are challenging because they’re tremendous at supporting growth.
You have a choice to view challenges as opportunities to learn, improve and deepen your connections. Or you can avoid challenges while staying in your increasingly uncomfortable and lonely “comfort zone.” Although it takes practice, it’s worth it to begin expanding your awareness to see different viewpoints. What’s true for one person might not be true for another and vice versa. Shifting perspective is a quick way to create healthier relationships.
Take Action: Play with Perspective
- Grab your journal! Think of a situation in one of your relationships that felt hurtful. Allow yourself to neutralize your emotions for a moment and become a mindful observer. Put yourself in the other person’s shoes and, with love and compassion, try to understand why they might have done or said the things they did. Hurt people hurt people. If someone hurts you, it’s because they’re hurting. Many people are emotionally wounded from stressful/traumatic past events and suppressed emotions. Keep reminding yourself that everyone is doing the best they can with their current level of awareness.
6. Release the Past
To be receptive to love, you have to create space for it by letting go of the stuff that no longer serves you. Forgive yourself and others for past mistakes. Let go of the blame, sadness, grief, and despair. Buried emotions create blocks between you and the love in your life. That’s why using healing modalities like PSYCH-K and Biofield Tuning can be immensely beneficial for creating shifts needed to bring you back into the flow. When you let go of the past, you open yourself up to receive love, support, and more beneficial experiences.
Ready to open your heart? As HeartMath research indicates, the electromagnetic field around your heart is the most powerful field your body produces. This field informs every cell of your being which impacts your health, brain functions, and overall enjoyment of life. How much you open your heart also greatly influences the quality of connections in your life. When your heart center is open and coherent, you’re able to quickly and easily feel love towards yourself, others, and life itself. Open yourself up to receive. You are worthy of love!
Take Action: Release Buried Emotions
- Feel what’s going on in your heart. What emotions are present? Does it feel like there’s any shielding around your heart? When you acknowledge buried emotions and allow them to be expressed, they’re released and the old patterns dissolve.
7. Appreciate & Celebrate
One of the best ways to cultivate more love in your life is to appreciate it and celebrate it EVERY chance you get. Expressing gratitude is one of the best ways to connect with your heart, the present moment, and others. Be grateful for anything and everything! Be kind to others and do your best to say please and thank you.
Take Action: Celebrate the Love
- Aim for 7 hugs a day and make them good ones… heart-to-heart bear hugs!
- Pick or buy yourself flowers.
- Journal daily, expressing your gratitude for the love in your life!
Ready to Create Healthier Relationships in Your Life?